The Government of Canada is surprising everyone by accepting and inviting more and more individuals every year to become permanent residents of the country under their Express Entry System. In 2019, Canada invited 341,000 people solely under the Canada immigration to express entry but because of the Covid-19 hit, Canada took a step back in 2020 when it hesitated and invited a much less number of candidates falling way short of the IRCC’s goal.
But now that everyone is settling into the new normal of Coronavirus, Canada is opening its gates again; this time will full steam, with the aim of surpassing the IRCC’s goal of invitations per year. This means that more people have a chance of getting the invitations for their Canada PR Application.
About Canada Immigration Express Entry
The Express Entry system is a program that functions on the basis of points allotted to the applicant according to six important elements. The applicant has to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) that is then assessed and reviewed by IRCC who gives scores in terms of the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to the candidates. After the submission and assessment of the application, you enter the Express Entry Pool from where top candidates having the highest CRS Score are selected.
If you still have any doubts in understanding the immigration process, you can book a free visa consultancy session today to get your profile assessed and know more details.
Canada Skilled Migration: Categories
There are three main programs under the Express Entry system out of which two are considered in the case of Indians or any other foreign national. These are:
1. Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
FSW allows candidates to directly apply for the status of permanent residency in Canada. Skilled workers who have previous experience in their field of work in their home country can check their eligibility to apply for Canadian PR through their Express Entry System.
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
FSTP permits candidates who have previous work experience in a skilled trade, mentioned under National Occupation Classification (NOC), to immigrate to Canada. They get Canada Immigration Points on the basis of six key elements that we will know further in the article.
CEC is a program that aids skilled workers having Canadian working experience of at least 1 year to apply for permanent residency & be a citizen. This is a very attractive choice for the people because, within 6-12 months, the applicant’s visa usually gets approved.
Express Entry Eligibility Criteria
The six main points that are looked at by the IRCC and that you need to make your express entry profile are:
3. Work Experience
4. Language Proficiency
6. Arranged Employment
Canada Immigration Points
Now that you know the various programs under the express entry system and the six crucial points, you need to know the importance of both. For you to be able to apply under the FSW, you have to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100. These 100 points are given on the basis of the above-mentioned factors. They are then combined and if the total (CRS) comes out to be 67 or above, you can submit your application and enter the express entry pool. From there you will be selected to apply for PR. If by any chance, your CRS comes out to be less than 67 points you are not eligible to enter Canada under Express Entry System. To overcome this, you can work on your language skills, get another degree or two, and increase your job experience.
After understanding the basics, you need to know the comprehensive visa application process. Visa Walk has summarized it for you.
- Check Eligibility: The next step is to check if you’re eligible to apply for your desired program and which visa you need to look into.
- IELTS: Before going ahead with anything, you first need an English language proficiency test which you are supposed to score according to the requirements of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of your interested area.
- ECA: Education Credential Assessment is a document giving the Canadian government an idea of your educational qualifications equivalent to their education system. This will help them better understand your academic background according to Canadian standards.
- Express Entry Profile: Now that you’ve checked your eligibility, you need to make a profile in the express entry system wherein you’ll fill in the six crucial elements. Here you will get the CRS score based on your profile.
- ITA: Invitation to Apply is the next step in your journey. If IRCC selects your application then you’ll get an ITA which is basically a green light to help you move further in the process.
- Apply & Get COPR: After receiving the ITA and applying for permanent residence, you’ll have to wait. The Canadian government will thoroughly assess your profile and if your application is approved, you will get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR). This is the final step.
Documents Required to Apply
To apply for the visa application you need certain documents without which, the process cannot go further. These are:
Language Test Results
Proof of Funds
Increase your chances of getting approved!
Merely making your profile and filling out the requirements won’t increase your chances of getting picked. For that, you need to keep certain things in mind.
Make sure that your IELTS score, Passport, and Express Entry Profile are up to date and not expiring anytime soon.
Improve English and French points if you think that you still have the slightest margin of rejection.
Focus on your work experience and try to get as much field exposure as possible so that your profile stands out.
You can also add your spouse’s credentials to your profile if you’re married and you’re applying as a couple.
Services Offered by Visa Walk
- Searching colleges and programs according to your preferences
- Keeping your work profile updated
- Devising a plan of action
- Providing a job to apply for Work Permit
- Applying to colleges on your behalf
- Doing our utmost best to get approval for
- Express Entry
- Skilled Worker
- Work Visa
- Permanent Residency
- Family Visit
- Investor Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Completing other legal requirements after getting approval
- Communicating back-and-forth with authorities and our clients
- Making sure that you successfully reach your dream destination
- Taking care of pre-landing and post-landing legalities to make sure you comfortably reach the untested lands