PEI holds a latest draw for Provincial Nominee Program
Published Date: 19th February 2022
The maritime province released results for the latest draw held by the province on 17th February 2022.
Prince Edward Island issued invitations to a total of 123 applicants by allowing them to apply for permanent residency. Out of the total numbers, 117 nominations went out to the Labour Impact Category and, 6 nominations were sent out to candidates who had applications under the Business Impact category. The minimum threshold of CRS points for the business invitations was 67 points.
What is Prince Edward Island PNP?
This is a program offered by the east coast province of Canada that welcomes immigrants of all backgrounds and gives them a chance to settle in the country. The main focus of this program is to aid the economy of the island and allow immigrants an opportunity to earn a better standard of living. Targeting skilled workers, international graduates, and businessmen the island wants people who have the ability to create a positive impact on their economy. The PEI Immigration has various programs for aspirants to choose from. Have a look at the eligibility requirements for each of the following.
PEI Express Entry
For the people who have relevant knowledge, skills, and work experience and who want to permanently settle in Canada, Express Entry is the fastest and most trusted route for many.
- The applicant should meet the requirements of one of the following: Federal Skilled Trades Program; Federal Skilled Worker Program; Canadian Experience Class
- The applicant must create an Express Entry profile and become eligible to enter the Express Entry pool
- The applicant must be successful in grabbing a relevant job offer
- The applicant should be able to receive a provincial nomination
- The job that they get offered must be in NOC (skill level O, A or B)
- The applicant must meet the language requirement of CLB 7
- The employer should be willing to support the application
PEI Labour Impact Category
Candidates who have applications under this stream have a valid job offer from the province and relevant support from their employer. It has three subcategories under it being, Skilled Worker, Critical Worker, and International Graduates.
PEI Business Impact Category
For applicants to successfully receive nominations under this particular stream offered by Prince Edward Island, they must submit an Expression of Interest and meet the minimum score requirement stated by the province. This draw’s most nominations went out to foreign entrepreneurs who wish to own or operate a business on the island.
If you have any queries regarding PEI PNP or Canada Immigration then you can book a free visa consultancy session today to get your questions answered and profile assessed by one of our experts.