Note: This visa category is not accepting any new applications as of now. This visa closed for new applicants on 1st July 2016.
Australia is a welcoming country when it comes to giving international students and the skilled workforce abundant opportunities to live, work and study in the region. Offering seats in some of the best universities for international students, people have great post-work opportunities in the country as well. Apart from the study visa (subclass 500) available for students to apply to, this particular visa subclass 576 is designed for people who are sponsored by an Australian AID or Defence. Such people can study a full-time course in any category in Australia.
Benefits of this visa
A person who gets a positive visa approval enjoys certain benefits alongside it. These are:
- Study in Australia till the time of your visa expiry
- Bring your eligible dependent family members with you to Australia
- Have a chance to work in Australia while studying. A student can work up to 40 hours per fortnight and unlimited hours during official breaks
- Accompanying family members also have the opportunity to work 40 hours per fortnight given that the primary applicant has commenced their study program
- Accompanying family members (18 years or older) can also study for a period of three months. In case they wish to study for an extended time, they need to apply for an independent Australia study permit
Requirements to be fulfilled by an International Student
The applicant must be able to fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria while applying for this visa. The student should:
- Be enrolled in a full-time study program registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- Have the intention to leave the country after the duration of study program ends
- Have a positive result for the health examinations being undertaken
- Meet the minimum scores according to Australia's English language requirements
- Fulfill Australia character requirements
- Have sufficient funds to finance yourself and accompanying family members (if any)
- Ability to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, accommodation, etc
- Apply for health insurance for the complete duration of your stay in the country
Obligations under Visa 576
Student: Securing this visa is not enough for you to stay in Australia. You must comply with the laws and obligations stated under it. If you do not comply with your visa conditions, your visa can be canceled without any prior notice.
Changing Education Provider: In case you want to change your education provider, you will have to go through a process mentioned under Educational Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) National Code.
Students under 18 years: If you are under 18 years at the time of your visa application, you must ensure you have adequate living space, support, and general welfare arrangements till the time you turn 18. In case your supporter or sponsor leaves Australia at any given time, you must arrange for new financing.
"No further stay" conditions: This condition is added to certain applicants' visas. It simply means that the applicant in this case cannot apply to extend their stay in Australia after the time of their visa expiry (exceptions given).
Change in Circumstances: Any changes in the applicant's circumstances before or after the visa is granted should be reported to the authorities. This includes a new residential address, new passport, pregnancy, birth, divorce, separation, marriage, de facto relationship, or death of a family member.
Family Member: Your accompanying family member should abide by the visa conditions at all times. Any violation of rules or conditions will result in the immediate cancellation of your visa.
To know more about this visa category or any other subclasses for Australia Immigration contact our experts at Visa Walk today.