Who can be sponsored to Immigrate to Canada?
Published Date: 1st November 2021
Canada gives chances to people to immigrate and settle there if they meet the eligibility requirements to do so. People who successfully become permanent residents can sponsor their love ones to live with them as well. Other than sponsoring spouse, common-law partner, dependent children or parents and grandparents, an eligible candidate can also sponsor their relatives or adopted children to Canada.
Who can sponsor?
You can sponsor someone if you meet the given requirements:
- At least 18 years of age
- Be a Canadian citizen, Living in Canada or a Registered Indian
- Able to support the sponsored financially
- You need to make sure they don’t require any social assistance
Who can be sponsored?
You can sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if:
- they’re related to you by blood or adoption
- both their mother and father passed away
- they’re under 18 years of age
- they’re single (not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship)
You can’t sponsor your brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if:
- one of their parents is still alive
- no one knows where their parents are
- their parents abandoned them
- someone else other than their parents is taking care of them while one or both their parents are alive
- their parent is in jail or otherwise detained
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SPONSORSHIP
Prepare Two Applications:
If you and the person you’re sponsoring are eligible for this program then you have to prepare two applications. One application is for the sponsor containing the records that they are capable of sponsoring another person. The other application is for the sponsored person containing the request for Permanent residency. Both applications are to be submitted to the IRCC.
Pay the Necessary Fee:
The preparation of application is one step, but the next is to deposit the fee. This includes application fees, biometrics fee and any other third-party fee.
Submit your Application:
After doing all the necessary work, you need to submit your application so that it goes forward into processing. You application will be submitted to the IRCC.
Acknowledgement of Receipt:
This is a document that you will receive from their end if your application is approved. The AOR is the final step in your application journey. Make sure that your application is optimum so that you reduce any chance of rejections.
Read more such latest news on our website www.visawalk.com/news