Smallest Alberta PNP Draw since January
Published Date: 9th December 2021
Alberta’s latest provincial nomination draw invited 100 candidates to apply for permanent residency on 24th November.
Candidates who had profiles submitted under the Expression of Interest System were nominated to settle in the province of Alberta. Since January, this has been the second smallest draw held by the province which issued invitations to candidates having the lowest CRS score cutoff of 350 or above. Another time when the CRS score was this high was in January’s draw for 360 CRS points. Alberta has the advantage of issuing a total of 6,250 invitations out of which it has already sent out 6,094 ITAs.
Eligibility for Alberta Provincial Nominee Program
To be eligible to apply for Alberta Canada, you need to fulfill one or all of the four pointers mentioned below according to your case. If you do so, you can be considered for this province nomination.
- You must be able to fill up the job shortages in Alberta
- You have a plan and necessary resources to buy/start a business
- You are capable of providing for yourself and for your family till you start receiving your first income in Canada
- You meet the eligibility criteria for your desired stream
Streams Offered by Alberta
The province of Alberta offers many streams to skilled & semi-skilled workers. It also gives opportunity to international students and graduates to have a chance at settling in the province. These are Alberta Opportunity Stream, Alberta Express Entry Stream, International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream, Self-Employed Farmer Stream and Foreign Graduate Start-up Visa.
How to increase your chances of receiving an invitation?
- One cannot directly apply for these provinces PNP if they do not meet the eligibility criteria.
- You must keep your credentials always updated as the application can be reviewed at any time.
- Make sure you are ranked on top of the Express entry pool and that you clearly mention your interest in Alberta region.
- You will receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) if you are seen by the province. Using the NOI you can apply for permanent residency.
- Make sure you review the terms and conditions of the desired stream thoroughly to avoid any misinterpretations.