Nova Scotia invites nurses in their latest PNP Draw
Published Date: 9th February 2022
The province invites nurses to apply for permanent residency in their latest draw.
Nova Scotia held the latest draw of the year on 8th February 2022 wherein they issued invitations to 278 nurses to apply for permanent residency. There were some requirements to be met in order to qualify for this round. These include:
- Profile created in the Express Entry System
- Meet minimum eligibility requirements for Nova Scotia’s Labour Market Priorities Stream
- Nominated candidates’ primary occupation should either be a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse
- Candidates’ nominated occupation should fall under the National Occupational Classification Code 3012
- The candidate must also score at least CLB 9 in French or English and meet the language requirements
- One should have either a bachelor’s degree or have completed a three-year program from a post-secondary institution
Labor Market Priorities Stream
This stream enables the province to search Canada’s Express Entry pool for eligible candidates and prioritizes the candidates who have the experience and ability to fulfill the labor market needs of the province. For one to be able to apply for this province, one must meet the eligibility criteria. If they are accepted in the program that they applied for or successfully receive a provincial nomination, they shall receive a Letter of Interest and submit the application for PR within 30 days of receiving the LOI. The application to this stream is only through the issue of an invitation.
Express Entry System
The Express Entry system is a program that functions on the basis of points allotted to the applicant according to six important elements. The applicant has to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) that is then assessed and reviewed by IRCC who gives scores in terms of Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), to the candidates. After the submission and assessment of the application, you enter the Express Entry Pool from where top candidates having the highest CRS Score are selected.
If you wish to know more about the eligibility criteria for this program or how to apply for any, visit this website. If you still have any doubts regarding Canadian immigration you can visit our website www.visawalk.com or book a free visa consultancy session today to get your profile assessed by one of our experts.