MOVE TO CANADA FROM INDIA AS A SKILLED LABOUR
Published Date: 9th October 2021
The Canadian government lifted the flight ban on Indian nationals commencing from September 27, 2021. The travelers are now allowed to fly directly to Canada provided they abide by the health measures released by Canada. The essential points to be kept in mind before travelling to Canada are:
- Covid-19 testing
- Possible Quarantine
- Proof of negative Covid-19 test taken 18 hours prior to scheduled departure
- If fully vaccinated, the traveler must upload proof on ArriveCAN app/website
- Checking by travel operators to make sure the guidelines are completely followed
Earlier they even lifted the travel ban on foreign nationals, who fall under the eligibility criteria being,
- The traveler shows no symptom of Covid-19
- The traveler has received the complete series of dose of vaccination
- The last dose has been received 14 days prior to the travel
- The vaccination taken should be accepted by the Canadian government
Ways to move to Canada
- Work Permit: Skilled and semi-skilled worker get a great shot at advancing their career and get a global experience in their field of work.
- Express Entry: This is another interesting way for skilled workers to get their Canada permanent residency. For those who are already working & progressing in their career, they can start in that same field in a new country without fearing to change the field.
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Apart from applying for study or work you can check out the list of different provinces and jobs offered by them. This way you can directly apply to those provinces and get approved.
Process to Move to Canada
- Decide the method through which you wish to migrate
- Research about the eligibility criteria under that visa program
- Gather all the relevant documents required for your visa application
- Submit the application
- Pay the application fee
- Get an approval for your visa application
Increase your chances to get your visa approved
Merely making your profile and filing out the requirements won’t increase your chances of getting picked. To meet Canadian skilled visa requirements, you need to keep certain things in mind.
- Focus on your work experience and try to get as much field exposure as possible so that your profile stands out.
- Make sure that your IELTS score, Passport and Express Entry Profile are up to date and not expiring anytime soon.
- Improve English and French points if you think that you still have the slightest margin of rejection.
- You can also add your spouse’s credentials to your profile if you’re married and you’re applying as a couple.