How are Australia’s Skilled Visas (189 & 190) Different?
Australia is the region that fits the immigration goals of almost anyone and everyone. For people who want to live, work or study in an overseas destination Australia matches their needs optimally. Being the sixth largest country across the globe, it has a huge range of landscapes and climates which is perfect for inhabiting various species of plants and animals. Its high-income economy and well-developed international trade relations make certain that there is an abundant amount of job opportunities and a growing economy.
Alongside many visas, the two most sought-after categories are Skilled Nominated Visa 190 and Skilled Independent Visa 189 which people aiming to settle opt for. The base of both these categories is similar with identical benefits and eligibility requirements. The only difference is that under the pathway of Visa Subclass 190 the applicant must be sponsored by an Australian state or territory whereas in the case of Visa Subclass 189, no sponsorship is required. Apart from this, under visa 189 the applicant is free to live and work wherever they want but that is not true for candidates nominated under visa 190. They must work and live in the invited state for a minimum of 2 years. The last point of difference comes to be the occupations that are to be chosen for visa nomination. Candidates can apply for occupations listed under “Combined list of Eligible Occupations” when applying for a Skilled Nominated Visa (190). Candidates have to apply for jobs listed under the “Medium and Long Term Strategic Skills List” (MLTSSL) when applying for a Skilled Independent Visa (189).
Benefits of Australia’s Skilled Visas
Advantages that a candidate gets to enjoy under these visas are quite similar, being:
- Stay and work in Australia indefinitely and become a permanent resident
- You also have the option to study full time at any grade of learning whether it is school, graduate, post-graduate, or vocational education
- You can also avail the benefits of subsidized health care facilities
- Get certain social security benefits or payments
- You have the freedom to apply for Australian citizenship after spending a specific time
- Sponsor a family member to live with you in Australia for permanent or temporary residency
Eligibility Requirements to be fulfilled
Same as the benefits, the eligibility criteria to be met are also similar for both the skilled visas of Australia. These are:
- Must have a positive skills assessment by a verified skill assessing authority
- Successful submission of Expression of Interest following a point allocation
- Candidate must be under 45 years of age
- Score minimum required points to show English Language Proficiency
- Meet Australian Government's skills, health, and character requirements
If you aim to settle in Australia or work in the country, you must know your prospects of migration. You can contact Visa Walk to get your profile assessed and avail a free visa consultation to learn about your chances of immigration to Australia. Get in touch today!