SUPER VISA APPLICATION: CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
Canada is making continuous efforts to give Canadian residents a chance to stay with their parents or grandparents if they wish to. The Super Visa category allows parents and grandparents of Canadian permanent residents/Registered Indians/Canadian Citizens to stay in Canada for 2 years at a stretch and to enter Canada multiple times under these circumstances for up to 10 years.
WHO IS ELIGIBILE UNDER SUPER VISA CATEGORY?
To visit Canada under this visa category you need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
- You must be a parent/grandparent of a permanent resident in Canada.
- Letter of Invitation: This letter must include a promise from the invitee that they’ll financially support the person they’re inviting; truthfully mention all details about the number of people currently residing in Canada with the invitee; a copy of permanent residence of the invitee.
- Medical Insurance is a necessary step in the visa application process for this category. The person coming to Canada must have medical insurance that is: valid for at least 1 year; must have $100,000 coverage; have a proof of payment of the amount.
- The person who is inviting their parents or grandparents to Canada must show the IRCC that they meet the Low Income Cut-off (LICO).
Low Income Cut-Off
Size of Family Unit
Minimum necessary gross income
1 person (your child/grandchild)
More than 7 persons
$6,985 (for each person)
5. While reviewing your visa application IRCC will consider many other things than just your relation with the permanent resident. These include:
- Applicant’s ties to home country.
- The purpose of applicant’s visit.
- Applicant’s family and finances in home country.
6. Make sure that your visa application has almost no chances of rejection. For this you must prepare all the relevant documents on time. The documentation needed for Super Visa Canada is:
- Letter of Invitation
- Proof of funds
- Proof of payment for the Medical Insurance
- Confirmation of Immigration medical exam
- Police Clearance Certificate
7. The application fee for Super Visa category is $100 that you must be able to pay.
With the help of Super Visa you have the luxury of exploring Canada’s tourist destinations, meet family/friends or stay in the country till the time of your visa expiry.
If you are interested in this category then you can take assistance of Visa Walk to start your Visa application process ASAP. We handle all the backend work on your behalf and make sure that you reach the untested lands with proper documentation and an approved visa application.
If you have any queries regarding Super Visa or Canada Immigration, you can visit our website www.visawalk.com or book a free visa consultancy session today and get your profile assessed by one of our experts.